Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need Help Identifying This Nebulae Please

celestron8g8

I was out late imaging the Comet LoveJoy . I started out with Sirius to focus my camera while piggyback my C8 . I noticed thee is a looks like a Reflection Nebulae SSW of Sirius that i cannot identify or seen before . Can someone help me identify this DSO please ? North is "UP" ^^^ .  Second image also contains M41 OC .

15696365474_f326705b20_b.jpg
Sirius_100% crop_ copy by ronlhodges, on Flickr

16131236548_56bbf3e02d_b.jpg
Sirius by ronlhodges, on Flickr

It's not a galaxie and no i did not have a Bahitov on . Wish i had one tho . I did manual focus throught my 70-200mm f/4L at 200mm . I believe it to be a Planetatry or Reflection Nebulae but i cannot find it on any Palnitarium program or sky charts i have that are detailed . I've sent an email to the McDonalds Observatory in W. Texas and hope i'll hear back within a week or so . But even on other forums i'm on people are stumped .

I agree and feel stupid right now . I have 4 images and I played them like an animation and with each image the stars moved but the reflection did not :( so that proves all is right , a Internal Reflection . Thanks everyone for being honest and trying to help me !

Archived