Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any recommended 2 ch DVR 12v

stash_old

Hello Stash,

I have a 12v DVR and it works great and I have 4 cameras that feed to a screen in my office.  However, I only use this as I'm using 4 cameras and I would not take it to a dark site unless I was taking the full kit.  I would just a get a cheap 12v tv or monitor with analogue input and this is something I use at home when setting up.  This makes life very simple as you just have the one analogue cable running from the camera to the monitor but you will need to work the controls from the back of the camera.  That said you could also invest in one of these which work well with the Sammy, I have two of them :)

http://www.dynamic-cctv.com/product/w5-coax/

Cheers

Karl

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply.

Already use a inline controller (mine was a cheapo one from China).

As I am think of taking 2 or 3 Vid camera's , one for 28/50mm Electric View Finder,One for 1-200mm zoom and one on my refractor that's why I was thinking of a DVR. Obivious my PC grabber can only record 1 channel.

Already use 7 inch Car reversing screen (has two channels). - works ok

I presume the DVR's can do Pelco so that the inline controller becomes redundant?

Plus when I am not using it then it can do our house security - That's what I told my wife  - why WE need one   :evil:

Still think about my options  :huh:

Hi stash..

I have made a portable array..i use a large toolbox futted inside is a golf cart 22 amp golf cart heavy duty battery, I power a four channel d1 12v dvr and inside the toolbox lid I have fitted a 12v monitor this runs three samsung cameras with utc controllers..

you can find pictures in the video astronomy forum under portable array.link is on my sgl signature..davy

Are you sure you aren't Jacques Cousteau reborn as an AV - The array looks like it could go under water too.

Thanks for that link - same idea except no Dome type camera - made part of mine in wood(ply) so it can piggy back my Frac or Mount (via wood puck adapter). Still stuck trying to find DVR with Pelco command to replace inline controllers else will end up as your good self with 3.

Did you ever use any of the "plastic Dip product" to insulate the Electrics - I have found that the power jack connectors (same as yours) have caused a short circuit due to condensation. I was going to use shrink wrap(or amalgamated tape) if I can't find any "hoods" but that "plastic dip" may solve the problem.

My initial box was my son's ex fishing box but think it may be a bit light once the battery is installed.

I couldn't find the spec of the DVR you used but I have been looking at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261701874605?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=560568800308&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

How long does your 22ah battery power the three hardware ?

As I say thanks for that link very helpful.

Hello Stash,

In that case, yes a DVR would be useful and there are loads on Ebay you just have to make sure you get the right one :)  The link you gave seems to show a DVR for IP cameras though is this right?  Do you not need analogue?  

I could not find my one available anymore but this is an 8 channel version from the same company - 

http://www.aban.co.uk/8-channel-cctv-security-camera-dvr-vu-808.html

With my set up I have 4 cameras feed into the 4 channels at the back.  I use the VGA out to a monitor and the analogue out to my Dazzle which then feeds to PC.  My setup has expanded a tad since but this image gives you an idea as to what I'm rambling on about - 

post-28683-0-34913800-1421183996_thumb.j

The DVR does have Pelco control and I normally use it for the PTZ camera that watches for cable snagging or if I use my HD SDI camera as I have no controller for that.  That said it will only control one camera so you will need to find one that can control more but to be honest I'd stick with the inline controller.  I find using the Pelco quite fiddly as I'm using a mouse and working my way through the menu is tricky, my inline controllers are so much quicker.

Anyway this should give you a few more ideas and good luck with it :)

Regards

Karl 

Hi stash..glad to help..prototype still to be tested but I will be adding an extra 20 amp battery.. the cams draw .2 of an amp never bothered checking dvr or screen works good pre testing.. the array control box can be used with my scope and mount..next piece in my adaptation is an off axis guider and a lodestar run with lodestar live on my ed80 using either the pd1 or sammy twin captures on one scope then hopefully get heq5 dual saddle hook up st102 scope and fit another cam to it..always thinking outside the box ;) davy

:ph34r:  Dooh

Yes mean't this DRV (BNC) not network version same place http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Channel-H-264-Full-D1-Audio-CCTV-PTZ-Video-Surveillance-Network-DVR-Recorder-/281452424389?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item4187df2cc5

Just add Solid state hdd to above !

"next piece in my adaptation is an off axis guider and a lodestar run with lodestar live on my ed80 using either the pd1 or sammy twin captures" - sounds good Davy

The only solution(without individual UTC's) I could find to use one UTC on 3/4 cameras was to employ a BNC switch(selector),T each bnc camera input at the DVR and the output from the switch would be the Utc controller(T on controller would require BNC terminator ?). Then if I wanted to alter one camera I would point the BNC switch to that camera which would then activate the Inline UTC controller. Thats the theory and as the item is only 2.99 inc delivery(cheaper than 2 more UTC controllers) I am going to give it a try.

Switch =  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Way-Audio-Video-AV-Switch-Switcher-Splitter-Cable-3-Ports-Video-Game-DVR-CCTV-/171327233202?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item27e3e61cb2 

Karl, your control room is exactly what I am aiming at , just with Davy's triplet camera boom - love it !

Thanks Karl,Davy

Excellent setup Karl! Looks a bit too comfortable for astronomy  :smiley:

Martin

Yes Martin I must confess I'm not too keen on the cold :)  I did my apprenticeship out in the cold and that was enough!  This is another reason I like VA as it does allow for cosy remote viewing  :grin:

My latest setup -

post-28683-0-85385800-1421267732_thumb.j  post-28683-0-43367800-1421267806_thumb.j

And the 4 cam view - Chasing and catching a glimpse of the ISS -

post-28683-0-20570800-1421267812.png

Sure beats frozen toes  :shocked:

Cheers

Karl

Archived