Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help with BatchPreprocessing in PixInsight

I have tried to use the preprocessing module in PixInsight twice now and both times I get registered images that look like the one attached below.  I used DSS on the same data set including Lights, Flats, Bias and Darks and the final image was normal, none of the splotches that appear on all my preprocessed imaged in Pixinsight, any insight would be very much appreciated (no pun intended)

PixCalLight.jpg

What happens in Pixinsight if you ditch the batch script and run the calibration, registration and integration processes individually yourself? Personally I don't use the batch processing, it only takes a couple of seconds to load up each process and run them one by one.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I ditched the batch processing and did each step separately using a tutorial from 'Sky & Telescope" Dec 2014.  Same result with all the calibrated image files looking identical to the one above.

Screen grabs are below.  Harry I am not sure what you mean by capture program?

I have a Mallincam Universe large format CCD, I am using the software supplied to run the camera

The final picture is the same data processed in DSS and then tweaked in Pix, as mentioned before no splotches

Thanks

Mark

ImInteg.png

ImCalib.png

OriAutoPix.jpg

Hi

Could you tell me in what format the fits files are being saved please as this can cause problems sometimes , also have you inspected a single calibrated image before stacking

Is the fault seen there ?

Harry

Harry, thanks for the help, as it turns out is was my file format, my camera outputs tiff, or Raw, these images were tiff,  and i could not calibrate them until they were all converted to Fit.  I converted my image files, lights, dark and bias to Fit using the batch conversion routine in PIX and then was able to create master bias, flat and dark and use these to calibrate my Fit image files and then align them.  It worked fine, no more blotches.  Now all I need is clear weather and time to collect more images

Mark

Archived