Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet Lovejoy still out there?

I hear you on the weather. I joined this forum just a few days ago, and suddenly had access to all these maps and helpful posts and resources I never knew existed... foggy ever since, haha.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear you on the weather. I joined this forum just a few days ago, and suddenly had access to all these maps and helpful posts and resources I never knew existed... foggy ever since, haha.

Yes, but this is Cyprus we are talking about! Warm Mediterranean climate, sunny year round e.t.c.! For the weather to behave like this - how inappropriate!

This global warming thing is really changing weather patterns...

I miss that kind of climate! If you look at a climate map of the world, the only place a Mediterranean climate exists in North America is a tiiiiiny little pocket in California. That's where I'm from!

I live in Georgia now. You never know what you have until it's gone.

And a short report from Athens-Greece,

I've located Lovejoy (with a pair of binos 10x60) a few nights back from my home in Athens. No way to discern it with the naked eye, due to LP and a couple of other factors.

Just a tiny faint fuzz through the binos, so the observation went on with my SW 10" dob at 75x and 150x magnification.

Beautiful sight to be sure, (a solid core in the "mist") but i also wouldn't confirm any kind of colour or tail.   

Yep, same chart I used! I missed the little bit about the dates on the comet's path being marked according to UTC, though, and that US users would have to go by the evening prior or something? Really confused me at first! But it did get me pretty familiar with where the path was and how to get to it, which served me well the next few nights.

Archived