Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ1 mount Tweeks

mark RD

Thanks FLO for getting my EQ1 and ST80 to me in time for the clouds and ran :) That was expected.

I know there is a youtube clip for tweeks on the ST80, some I have already done.  The rest I will do in time.

But for now I have turned my attention on the mount. Why do the chinese use that horid grease Its hard to balance the scope as the grease is so sticky. Deffinatly need to strip and regrease. I have also changed the clutch levers to give a little more leverage.

Anyone got any more idears what can be done to improve an EQ1 mount?

Anyone got any more idears what can be done to improve an EQ1 mount?

Sell it and buy a HEQ5? :D

Hanging a couple of kilos from under the tripod head or just putting the weight in the tray will probably stiffen it up a little.  I know some people have filled the legs with sand to give them a bit more solidity.

One SGL member (steppenwolf, perhaps?) even mounted a red dot rifle sight (I think) on the side to allow better polar alignment.

James

Sell it and buy a HEQ5? :D

Hanging a couple of kilos from under the tripod head or just putting the weight in the tray will probably stiffen it up a little.  I know some people have filled the legs with sand to give them a bit more solidity.

One SGL member (steppenwolf, perhaps?) even mounted a red dot rifle sight (I think) on the side to allow better polar alignment.

James

The HEQ5 is a bit heavy for a grab and go scope Im thinking of riviting on some alloy plates to the legs to make them more stable

Archived