Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Samsung SCB-2000P

Seme

Don't know if this is in the right place but.

I've just got from a uk ebay  seller a Samsung SCB-2000p body only for under £40 posted

Didn't know if i was able to post a link.

I bought one from the same Ebay seller before Xmas - lovely jublee - However you now have to buy some bits and bobs (if you haven't got them already - e.g. Frame Grabber) but still a good price.

While on the subject of Samsung scb 2000p does anyone know if the IP version of this model is as good/same (i.e. Sense up etc) - The tech spec seems to suggest not !

First pic using just old cannon FD 200mm lens ,unguided

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aHac2P5RgVQU5xelRabjRXckE/view?usp=sharing

But I intend to use samsung instead of Finder on Refractor to save back,neck etc 

I bought one from the same Ebay seller before Xmas - lovely jublee - However you now have to buy some bits and bobs (if you haven't got them already - e.g. Frame Grabber) but still a good price.

While on the subject of Samsung scb 2000p does anyone know if the IP version of this model is as good/same (i.e. Sense up etc) - The tech spec seems to suggest not !

First pic using just old cannon FD 200mm lens ,unguided

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aHac2P5RgVQU5xelRabjRXckE/view?usp=sharing

But I intend to use samsung instead of Finder on Refractor to save back,neck etc 

By frame grabber do you think an ezcap would be ok? Or would would you recommend.?

Yes Seme, get a 'REAL' Ezcap though. Not from ebay as they are bad fakes.

Get it from here: http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-video-capture/ezcap116-capture-card

Due to bad counterfeits of the original EASYCAP introducing the

NEW EzCAP

Ebay and other sources have been flooded with poor quality copies of the Easycap Video Grabber.

Now Easycap has introduced their new version in the new design unmistakable packaging and a new name - EzCAP.

The REAL EzCap is ONLY available from Ezcap UK.

Avoid the cheap copies on Ebay

By frame grabber do you think an ezcap would be ok? Or would would you recommend.?

New to Video Ast myself but  I use a "real" Ezcap which I managed to get on ebay ok. Some BNC cables ,BNC t connectors, BNC female to female/male to male, BNC to RCA adapter, RCA Splitter(if a separate screen used) C-mount to 1.25 telescope adapter. As with all things "pays your money" - good quality BNC cable - I used old BNC Lan cable 75 Ohms.

Make sure the Ezcap is plugged into a USB 2 port that isn't shared and you should get 25 FPS thru something like SharpCap 2.

I also bought a Car Reversing kit because it had an 7 inch composite screen(12v) with two inputs - luckily only cost me a tenner(new) normally 25 quid but gives me live views without the grabber/laptop. Cheap UTC inline command controller (£5) to change Sammy settings without causing movement.  

Been using DIY Raspberry PI Noir Camera with Cannon FD adapter plus Neewer Fish eye lens(fits my old Cannon 28/50mm lens with adapter) plus Meteotux _pi s/w  for all night  sky cam - using VNC to talk to Raspberry and share captured files- Only managed to capture 1 IR Flare , lots of Plane contrails but fun  :grin:

As I say I don't intend to join the "Dark Side", just use "Video" in remote Obsy(future plan) - so I can stay warm,eat my BLT and still see the stars.

I too would love a  Lodestar X2 but that will have to wait and is on my list of "must have" if funds ever allow. Plus as my mount is not motorised it would be a waste.

Love the Video'/grabs everyone has done ,plus all the comments/advice.

Many Thanks all.

Ordered all the other bits suggested.

Is there any other bits i may need going to my st-120 or c80 ed or even the st80.?

I Built a roll off roof obs with small warm room last year but have yet to set every thing up right.

Cheers

Darren aka Seme

Archived