Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

#107 - Rosette Nebula - My 1st narrowband Tricolor Image ever.

pmesquita

These are four color palette exercises I just finished on my 1st  narrowband Tricolor Image ever... all done with a Luis Campos  MonoMod monochromatic and TEC cooled Canon 450d camera.

107-ROSETTE NEBULA - 1ST NARROWBAND TRICOLOR

SESSION PLACE & TIME:
-Local: Sintra, Portugal
-Date: 30.12.2014

IMAGING:

CAMERA 1 - Monochromatic Canon 450d:
Luis Campos MonoMod - modified with monochromatic & TEC Peltier cooled @ minus 15ºC from ambient

Lights:

Baader H-ALPHA - 11X600s@-3ºC
Baader OIII - 10X600s@-3ºC
Baader SII - 8X600s@-3ºC

Flats - x 20 @ 1/5Tv + 1/20tV
Darks - x 10 (not necessary, but still did them)
Bias - x 50

SETUP:

Telescope: Orion Optics CF 200/900mm F4.5 1/12 lambda newtonian
Field Flattener: Baader MPCC MKIII
Focuser: Orion Accufocus Motor kit
Mount on pillar: Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 Pro
Autoguiding: Orion SS AG kit - 9x50 short finder + SS AG CCD
Flats: Gerd Newmann Aurora Flat Panel

SOFTWARE ON LAPTOP:

CAPTURE: Backyard EOS
AUTOGUIDING: PHD GUIDING

PRE PRODUCTION - PIXINSIGHT
PRODUCTION - PIXINSIGHT
POST PRODUCTION (very little) - PHOTOSHOP CS6

post-3782-0-31794200-1420218300_thumb.jp

post-3782-0-20489300-1420218308_thumb.jp

post-3782-0-11216600-1420218315_thumb.jp

post-3782-0-78310000-1420218324_thumb.jp

Hi, good start for first attempt, how did you combine?

Try pixelmath if you have not tried.

R = sii*.8+ha*.2

G = ha*.8+sii*.2

B = oiii

Then apply scnr with Ave green selected.

See what results that gives. You can always tweak ratios to suit your taste.

Careful not to clip blackpoint s looks like you may have a little which will kill finer detail

Paddy

Mick, in fact the brightness is Ok on my laptop, but the truth is that the result varies quite a lot from screen to screen. That's why, a long time a ago, I decided not to process on my full HD laptop. The images looked damn pretty there but on the regular 1400x700 (and similar screen sized)  laptops ithe result was Rubbish :-).

This is just the 1st Tricolor I've ever done... we always get carried away with 1st attempts, experimenting on new techniques...hehe...I'm no exception.

cheers

paulo

Paddy,

I did use that combination as the main one, amongst others. Actually one of my examples is also a Bicolor process (no SII). I just got lost in the midst of all the "save as" and honestly I can't figure out wihich...hehehe.

I also did the SCNR on green (not sure what you mean by "Ave", however). Can you clarify, please?

The entire process was done following probably the best PI tutorial I've ever seen (and I have almost all of them, including Warren's and Harry's): the Light Vortex Astronomy one on the Rosette processing. Simply brilliant!

cheers

Paulo

Hey Paulo!

Great and vibrant Rosete there! Some really nice details.

Cool to be abble to shoot narrowband in full res. with a DSLR, he?? :)

I also did just one lousy image in bicolor so far (Ha, OIII) so I must finish a couple more when the moon is out of the way...soooon heheheh

Congrats my friend, may the force be with you :)

Green Average Neutral is what I meant. LightVortex very good just a case of adapting as you become familiar with them.

Cheers

Paddy

Thanks Paddy for the tip I will follow it on my next processings...and I have a lot of them :-)

cheers

Paulo

Those images are quite fantastic :)  I never thought a debayered 450D would be able to capture such amazing images.  OK I realise there's the processing to take into account as well but to say I'm impressed is a big understatement :)  Congratulations :)  I really must get back to debayering DSLRs myself :D

Those images are quite fantastic :)  I never thought a debayered 450D would be able to capture such amazing images.  OK I realise there's the processing to take into account as well but to say I'm impressed is a big understatement :)  Congratulations :)  I really must get back to debayering DSLRs myself :D

Hi there,

Luis had told e you were doing some attempts on the debayering ( I didn't dare do it since it's so damn difficult). Even the Central DS people have given up on the process after destroying inumerous sensors. as far as I know Luis only destroyed one sensor right in the beginning up to now, and he's already made about a dozen MonoMods. And their cooling mod is equally very complex due to Luis' refinement of the TEC cooling combined with the original (and secret) anti dew system. I go down to -5ºC and don't get any dew :-)

I confess I'm very lazy and  I'm very happy with the results I've obtaned in the past year with the B&W 450d...giving me the opportunity to stay clear of the more ellaborate CCD imaging without  the LiveView function that the 450d offers me with Backyard EOS.

best of luck with your attemps :-)

cheers

paulo

Archived