Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 30/12 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

+1 for image 2 here as well but I'm really impressed with both. I'm seeing people doing some fantastic stuff with IA so really interested in the processing with that too.

Am I right in assuming you took RGB channels separately and if so, did you take the same number of frames with all or did you take more in the Red channel?

Cheers

Will

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for image 2 here as well but I'm really impressed with both. I'm seeing people doing some fantastic stuff with IA so really interested in the processing with that too.

Am I right in assuming you took RGB channels separately and if so, did you take the same number of frames with all or did you take more in the Red channel?

Cheers

Will

I took 6000 frames per channel in LRGB, and stacked 30% for LRG and 25% for blue which was more variable. I've not used the L data in this image as it added too much noise, but it was very reasonable. R and then G were the best of the set.

I'll post the channels up later on as they are quite good in comparison to my usual fair [emoji3]

I took 6000 frames per channel in LRGB, and stacked 30% for LRG and 25% for blue which was more variable. I've not used the L data in this image as it added too much noise, but it was very reasonable. R and then G were the best of the set.

I'll post the channels up later on as they are quite good in comparison to my usual fair [emoji3]

Fantastic, it'd be really interesting to see those. Thats a huge load of frames too, my machine usually gives up after about 1500!

Archived