Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Christmas eve Nags head (80ED)

Uranium235

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
morimarty, on 27 Dec 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

One of the best HH I've seen in mono Rob, just don't even dream of parting with your faithful ED80!

Ive been close to letting it go a couple of times, but I cant.... its just too reliable. I just wish it were faster! The preferred way up woud be a bigger scope becuase I want the extra speed without losing (too much) resolution. One thing I still love about the flattened 80ED is that you can stack Ha without flats and still get a pretty good image in terms of background levels.

I first wanted a TAL100 but settled for the Skyliner 200P. My next choice, if possible, for visual work alone , is to have something that gives me images that are twice the size I'm getting now, with the same EPs without a Barlow? Lol

For Astrophotography, and on the recommendation of Steve Richards 'MEPC'   I have had the ED 80 in mind ever since the book arrived.  But its not just the telescope at work here, its the stable tracking mount ( the cost)  the sensory device, the post processing, and an eye for detail that all goes into the final product.

I don't have ( I don't think so) the darkest of sky conditions at my observatory, but only a short drive away, it cant get any darker?

Its all something to look forward too.

Archived