Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 414EX?

lensman57

I have been browsing the web due to the eternal cloud cover and came across this one, Atik 414 EX with an ICX 825 chip. Apparently it is 60% more sensitive than a 314 L @ Ha and it is even more sensitive than a 460 EX. Pixel pitch 6.45mic and has the same sensor size as a 314L+. The price on the US site was nearly $100.00 cheaper than the aging 314L+. If this thing is in production why is it not being offered here in its home country?

http://starizona.com/acb/Atik-414EX-Monochrome-P3715C93.aspx

A.G

Flo have annouced these today, along with the OSC 4120, a little puzzeld as to why just OSC and mono "If" on demand....

I'm wondering if its aimed squarely at Hyperstar users? The pixel size and having no mono version point towards this.  

I really like the sound of the 414 with it being the most sensitive Atik camera to date! The UK price seems reasonable too at just over 1100 pounds. It leaves me wondering who's going to be buying the 314L+ priced at just 80 pounds less?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Nick! :) Very good read, hopefully the firmware will be sorted on cameras yet to be shipped, but if not I'll drop Atik support an email if and when I get mine. Right I'll be getting few a more bits up for sale I reckon, only 300 pounds to go until I've got enough in Paypal! :)

Archived