Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 - EMS3

StevenWhatley

Very nice. Its a beautiful target!

Exposure lengths etc? The core looks well balanced so I imagine you've used a composition of different exposures? 

Seems as though the M42 is very popular at the moment. I had a go at imaging it last night for the first time ... a single 10 min exposure ISO 1600 with an unmodded camera left me gobsmacked. 

Very nice. Its a beautiful target!

Exposure lengths etc? The core looks well balanced so I imagine you've used a composition of different exposures? 

Seems as though the M42 is very popular at the moment. I had a go at imaging it last night for the first time ... a single 10 min exposure ISO 1600 with an unmodded camera left me gobsmacked. 

Think this was ISO 800 and 6x 600s 4x300s 2x30s second frames with the core layered and blended using CS6..

This was taken at the EMS Start Party Anderby Dark Site so the sky was lovely, wish id stayed with it and got more data but I spent about 6 hours fighting with PHD before I could do anything then I ran out of night time!!

Archived