Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M42 with the Samsung 2000P

Spacedout

Thanks Reggie and sorry yes this was the Sammy 2000P.  I did a quick broadcast last night using the Sammy on the ED80 and the Xtreme on the C11.  I'll post a video later and you can see both side by side but the Sammy is an incredible camera for a starter cam, great on planets and does a nice job too for the brighter DSOs like M42.

Thanks again much appreciated :)

Karl

I was so excited when I saw your post about M42 (one of my fav nebulae) that I totally overlooked that you posted it was shot using the Samsung 2000P. I went straight for the image, LOL. The Samsung appears to be a very nice camera. You got a great image!

P.S. I still want a Mallincam when I grow up  :grin:

Would love to see a comparison of the two cams some time.

Cheers,

Reggie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Scb2000-Cctv-Camera-Honeywell-Lens-/141503811798  Going cheap

darn, I missed your broadcast last night Karl. I was up till 3am catching meteors.

No worries Allan and I hope you caught some crackers!  Might be o again tonight if it stays clear do keep an eye out and I look forward to seeing some captures from you :)

very nice karl great capture on the sammy

Thanks Davy and with the ED80 too so it just shows you don't need a massive budget to get into this side of the sport!  Not only that but with a few cables you can also share your views live with others which has to be the best part of video astronomy :)

Archived