Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Schroeter's valley.

cotterless45

As the gibbous Moon climbed and the frost emerged, the air stilled and the transparency was brilliant. The super seeing showed a lovely terminator with the area around the valley clearly defined.

I was absorbed by the view for a good half an hour , pushing up the magnification to x240.

There were several very bright albedo areas to Aristarchus and Herodotus. The area of Prinz showed the flooding of this crater with a defined Rupes nearby.

A really astounding sight,

Nick.

Had a good look at this area last night whilst trialling the 30". Despite iffy collimation and a mirror coating you can barely see your face in, the image was comparable to the good 16" LX200. High hopes once everything is optimised.   :smiley: 

I was out from dusk viewing Gassendi and noticed from the Virtual Moon Atlas the area you viewed would be right on the terminator later in the evening and made plans accordingly.

Had my dinner and adjusted my dress for a nice long cold session, went out to the scope and total cloud cover. This is the third time running I have had my hopes dashed like this, if I had a cat I think it might get a kicking  :p

Anyway good to see others had a good night.

BTW no chance for tonight, it's been gloomy all day.

Archived