NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starter Scope 114 or 90 ?

Oh dear, i have just bought a 114, to be honest i have been looking for a small scope to use with my super track mount, managed to get a 114 f500 with a dob base on astroboot for £45 new, but the OTA has a dovetail bar so it will fit the super track as is

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have just watched a video review of these 2 scopes by the Astronomy and Nature channel which was excellent. 

I think im leaning more towards the Mak 90.

However i can't ignore all the positive reviews for the 130 flextube. Will i miss the tracking of the Heritage range  :undecided:  :icon_scratch:

Don't forget you can always add a different tube within the mounts capability in the future so it is not a one trick pony so to speak.

Would you use the mount with a camera for wifd field images.

The mount can be upgraded to be go to with the right handset.

I guess it is function or apperature.

Hi Craig, if you are thinking of the Mak - just to throw another spanner in the works, this could be interesting. The EPs and other kit look better than average and a very compact package.

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=88576[/quot

Had a look at the ad and did a quick search of the etx90. Too many negative reviews for my liking.

Archived