Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More objects from the Deep Sky Watch

Mark at Beaufort

At last a good clear night and I decided to view a few more from this list - http://www.deepskywatch.com/deepsky-guide.html. There are about 600 DSOs (UK) that are visible from this part of Deep Sky Watch so I planned to view 5 more from last night. I set up the 10" Dob with the 8mm, 13mm and 21mm Ethos EPs.

First objects was a diificult Open Cluster in Lyra - NGC6791. Its very rich but faint at mag 9.5 but I was able to resolve it with the 8mm Ethos.

Next two galaxies in Pisces - NGC 488 and 524 both Mag 10.3. Used Mu and Zeta Piscis as the starting point. NGC 488 and 524 both fairly bright and round.

Over to Triangulum and NGC925 and 672. NGC925 was faint but NGC672 was more difficult but what was really nice was the cluster Collinder 21 close by. Cr21 is a delightful group of stars which I have not seen before.

The heavy dew had now frozen so I decided to pack away the Dob and to bring out the 20x80 binos. Lovely views of M33, M36, M37, M38, M35, M1, M45,M42, M78, M81 and M82.

Please I had a good nights observing at long last.

Good stuff Mark and some nice objects :smiley:

It was a very nice night last night, the best for some time. It didn't quite freeze here but I was cold enough by 1:30 am to pack the scope away and have a welcome warm drink.

The rest of the week does not look too promising though so the memories of last nights invigorating viewing might have to last a while !

Archived