SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SW Nirvanas 16&7mm

Daniel-K

after my big blow out recently i have had little left for EP'S. i had intended to go down the Ethos route but with the feather touch & sips combo and a shed load of other accessories ive been left short. i bought the nirvana's from FLO on Thursday and they arrived in less than 24hrs just in time for the clear skies last night.

First impressions

• solid
  • good design
  • very nice weight to size ratio
  • 12mm ER

First light

well i was so surprised when aligning the EP to the finder just how sharp these are!

After setting up i had a quick scan around cygnus and DAMN! these are good! the stars are so small and tight, very refractor like.  contrast just slaps you in the face. the background is sooo dark which makes the stars just pop out at you.ive only seen contrast like this from the DELOS 17.3 & 21E 

The 16mm rocked on the veil showing very fine intricate  details when used with the astronomik UHC .

m38 is one of my favorite open cluster due to the small NGC cluster next to it and the 16mm showed this wonderfully.

the 7mm was abit too much power for the night so i did not really get to test this out. bang for buck this 16mm is a extremely under priced for it performance.  

if your looking for something that got TV quality then i would recommend these.  it is a shame though they only do the 4 FL's  i think a 20mm and 10mm would make this set.

Dan

Dan,

Nice report and congratulations on the new eyepieces. I have never seen a WO/Nirvana eyepiece and I know John has always said it is a shame there are not more of them, I always wonder why as it is clearly possible to make them taking the Nagler range as an example. The 4mm has always had me close to pressing the button.

Alan.

Dan,

Nice report and congratulations on the new eyepieces. I have never seen a WO/Nirvana eyepiece and I know John has always said it is a shame there are not more of them, I always wonder why as it is clearly possible to make them taking the Nagler range as an example. The 4mm has always had me close to pressing the button.

Alan.

Thanks Alan short but sweet but these are really good for the money. i didn't know what to expect really  but this range could be very competitive if SW add a few more FL's 

Nice report Dan :smiley:

I've owned or used all but the 7mm in the Nirvana / UWAN range and liked them a great deal. I remember feeling a bit peeved after shelling out a fair bit on top of what I'd sold the 16mm for to get a 16mm T5 Nagler and finding that the Nagler was really no better and had a bit less eye relief.

As you say, if there were more in the range these would be very popular indeed.

Nice report Dan :smiley:

I've owned or used all but the 7mm in the Nirvana / UWAN range and liked them a great deal. I remember feeling a bit peeved after shelling out a fair bit on top of what I'd sold the 16mm for to get a 16mm T5 Nagler and finding that the Nagler was really no better and had a bit less eye relief.

As you say, if there were more in the range these would be very popular indeed.

i think they are a little softer off axis than the naglers but for the price :)  S&N gave it less % than the nagler and the celstron AXIOM LX (which i have just sold) i will do a comparison on these when i get chance. these are just a stepping stone though till i get eh ETHOS'ES :D so someone will cash in on these when i sell them 

Archived