Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 1848 the Soul Nebula

x6gas

While I have imaged the Heart Nebula in the past I've never gone after it's neighbour before.  We had a few clear hours last night and I thought I'd grab a few subs of the Soul Nebula.  I'm still getting used to Sequence Generator Pro and trying to sort some tilt out since using a reducer on my FSQ-85 so the stars are not perfect in this image but I'm otherwise pleased with how it has come out.  One of those objects that looks really nice in monochrome IMO.

Scope: Tak FSQ-85ED w/ 0.73 reducer

Mount: iOptron CEM60-EC

Camera: Atik 490ex

Guiding: Atik OAG, QHY5L II, PHD2

17 x 600s subs, stacked in AstroArt 5 and processed in CS5.

post-11821-0-40211800-1414865442_thumb.p

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Many thanks Martin and Martyn.

The tilt apparent in the image is a shame - most obviously along the left edge where the star shapes are poor..  Yes plenty in here to point the SCT at.  I have the Hotech laser collimator to try and I'm looking forward to getting the SCT on the rig...

Again, many thanks for the comments.  With the current weather it's just nice to be capturing some subs...

Ian

Archived