Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The bubble nebula with the 130pds+Atik 460

Epicycle

Hi,

I finally managed to pair the 130pds with my new Atik 460. The combo gives a very decent field of view and a resolution of 1.4" per pixel.

The target was the bubble nebula in modified Hubble palette and the intention was to see how much detail on the bubble I could recover

with this pixel scale. The data was:

24x1200 Ha 5nm

11x1200 OIII 3nm

17x1200 SII 5nm

The mount is an HeQ5 and the processing was done in Pixinsight + PS.

I think the Baader MPCCIII is doing a good job and I'm all set to to enjoy the winter with this pair!

Here is a question for those of you who are more versed in this: there are some brights stars on the right displaying some additional diffraction spikes.

Any conjectures as to their origin? They are not big but noticeable when you zoom in.

Comments and feedback very welcome. Thanks for looking!

Epicycle

Details in astrobin: get.jpg

post-25876-0-04274500-1414530304_thumb.j

Brought a huge grin to my face! Dang, you have some serious signal and some crisp resolution, there! How sharp is that bubble? Wow. I've been a great advocate of the 'easy refractor' but what can you say about this image and those of Uranium 235 with these small Newts? 

Low bow, SIr. Very low bow.

Olly

Nice, the corners are almost perfect - just the top right and bottom left are just very slightly out. Nothing to be concerned about really (until you go into mosaics). You've made the leap to a bigger chip and its worked out quite well!

The extra spike, I get that also sometimes (but not in NB). Not sure what causes it, but its hardly noticeable (possibly focus?).

very nice image  :smiley:

Thanks!

Brought a huge grin to my face! Dang, you have some serious signal and some crisp resolution, there! How sharp is that bubble? Wow. I've been a great advocate of the 'easy refractor' but what can you say about this image and those of Uranium 235 with these small Newts? 

Low bow, SIr. Very low bow.

Olly

Cheers Olly! The 130pds is not an entirely "easy newtonian" as the focuser needs some tweaks and brings a set of problems, but with some effort it does deliver.

For me, leaving price aside, the big advantage is how light it is, on my HeQ5 I use only 1 counterweight half way up the shaft.

Nice, the corners are almost perfect - just the top right and bottom left are just very slightly out. Nothing to be concerned about really (until you go into mosaics). You've made the leap to a bigger chip and its worked out quite well!

The extra spike, I get that also sometimes (but not in NB). Not sure what causes it, but its hardly noticeable (possibly focus?).

Thanks Rob! Ah, you also get the spikes. Do they appear towards the edges of your images? I don't see them at the center. 

E.

Thanks Rob! Ah, you also get the spikes. Do they appear towards the edges of your images? I don't see them at the center. 

E.

I cant quite remember, I think mine were across the image, I will have to check. But I do remember it being more of a problem with the skywatcher corrector.

Might be a good idea to see if theres anything lurking in the OTA or dew shield, like a spiders web. A couple of weeks ago I imaged for an entire night through a web in my dew shield....lol.

Impressive image I really like it :cool: !   Using large chips (Canon EOS Mark II in my case)  gave me similar star diffraction patterns near the edges which was just part and parcel of internal reflections / limits of the optical tube.... I think?  Not 100% sure but could be something similar in this case?  

Andy

Archived