Getting a Poster done

geoff_k

This years imaging of the planets has generally been hopeless for me so I applaud all the recent efforts posted here which are way better than mine.

Indulging in a bit of nostalgia, I put together a montage of stuff I have done over the past few years. Thought it might make quite a nice poster but not sure the best way to go about it. Any suggestions would be welcome.

All the images are my own work with the exception of the solar eclipse. I witnessed it from a boat in the middle of the Channel but someone else took the pic as I didn't have any gear to do one myself.

post-13129-133877338671_thumb.jpg

I once got a poster done. Well impressed i was. Showed my wife and she said i could hang it in the downstairs toilet as no one used it. She didn't want any naff pictures hanging in the house where people could see them.

Russ

Thanks KK and SteveL - will take a look at those. The original resolution is 640 x 480 so don't know how it will come out. Might go to the photo booth at the local Boots and do some experimenting.

Not so worried about it being hung up in the loo but being cut up into little squares and used in there :wink:

Geoff, another one that does them is <a href=http://www.snapfish.co.uk/>Snapfish</a>. You can not pay the delivery fee by having the results delivered to a local Jessops and collect from there.

Thanks KK and SteveL - will take a look at those. The original resolution is 640 x 480 so don't know how it will come out. Might go to the photo booth at the local Boots and do some experimenting.

Not so worried about it being hung up in the loo but being cut up into little squares and used in there :wink:

Geoff, it is my recollection that for 'commercial work' printers normally expect a 300dpi image for top print quality certainly the one's I deal with on a regular basis), so it pretty much then depends on how you have sized the images within the poster (your dimensions indicate for top quality 2" x 1.5" for top quality) and ultimately the posters final dimensions.

Good luck.

Steve..

Archived