Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helios Apollo HR 15x70 bino's

hippie

Ordered these bino's on Thursday from FLO, Hear the next day delivered by fedex excellent service from FLO again 10 out of 10 for them :grin: .

Took them out last night for the first time mounted on 055X manfrotto tripod with MVH 502 AH video head,  This combination worked really well with the bino's, Even better than I thought the tripod was steady and worked excellent with these big bino's whoooooooopie :grin: , Didn't need to put any extra weight on the tripod to steady them.

With the Moon up and seeing condition not perfect I was gob smacked with the excellent views these Apollo Bino's produced  :grin:

My first target was cassiopeia with the Milky way running through it My first big WOW moment with these Apollo Bino's :smiley: ,

Finished the night off with fantastic views of the pleiades through the gloom & glare of the Moon with Awesome views again   :grin: .

These apollo Bino's may be expensive but they produce the best views I have seen to date of our night sky's :grin: . I highly recommend getting a pair if you can afford the big price tag that comes with them, (£290)  with extra heavy duty tripod mount. :smiley:

Waiting for dark sky's when there's no moon to really test these Bino's out :smiley: .

Ian.  

I have almost an identical setup, except I went for the big 475b Manfrotto tripod, which is overkill for this binocular but the load capacity is there for heavier binos should I want them. They do provide superb views. I've used them alongside a few friends armed with 8" SCTs and even the giant 120mm Strathspey binos. Yet somehow these 15x70s always manage to steal the show! They're very sharp and can see surprisingly deep. So much so that I'm curious to know what kind of views the 28x110 apollo's provide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Congrats on your new binoculars! My dream is to own 28x110 HA, but I don't know if I can justify a mere 10 mm increase in sixe while I own Orion 25x100 already. I will one day replace my Celestron 15x70 with HA 15x70 too.

Enjoy them to the full!

I've only had mine for a few months, and I've already enjoyed some of the most inspiring, and relaxing, sky-viewing time I've ever had.

Found several things that have always been somewhat elusive with a scope alone. Fab fun!

Archived