Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st 6 min sub

Dippus

After weeks waiting for a clear spell and ages smashing numbers into my guiding software , everything has finally clicked into place.

Took tonight as a guiding and focusing exercise , so the camera settings and colours were a bit off.

Just by changing one little number in the meade RA ratio ( something that they say DON'T DO ). My scope has started to behave itself .

No more drifting to the left ALL THE TIME and K3CCD going on a mental trying to keep up.

Hopefully i can now spend my time on trying to set up the camera properly. I'm really happy though cos that is one massive hurdle that ive jumped.

Perseus double cluster abiet overexposed , but im happy with the little sharp round stars.

Mark

post-13346-133877338569_thumb.jpg

Brilliant Mark :wink:

It's such a great feeling when things come together like that...well done!

What did you change the ratio to?

I've got my guiding pretty good but I still get a drift in RA and I suspect it's down to the meade settings. Mine is currently at default.

The round stars after 6 minutes are the proof of the pudding...there's no drift at all there so try to push the envelope...see how far you can go :)

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for the great comments.

Used a QHY8 through the Williams Optics 80FD CLS Filter and 0.8 Field Flattener. Guided @ F10 With Meade DSI2

Got about 5 pixels drift at worst during the 6minutes.

Rob , was all night watching the guide star drift left time after time changing numbers in the guide software , so this was my last resort.

Changed the number from -02.75075 to -02.75076 RA Ratio in telescope settings. The slowly drifting star just immediately stopped and the nasty jagged lines in K33cd's guiding graph more or less flatlined.

It worked for me. To be honest , don't know how it will affect slewing accuracy , just got the shot and parked the scope. Would have a check tonight , but Gary Numan is on tour in Nottingham tonight and i can't miss that.

Yep my mates at work think that is sad aswell

Mark

Archived