NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cable Rationalisation

In the ever increasing complexity that this hobby is, the amount of cabling between my scope and laptop is getting more snakes wedding by the day.

My next sttep will push it another cable further.....

As funds arre currently low, am not able to get a dedicated guidecam and run via single USB port to ST4 port link, so have it as video coming in on USB and commands heading bacck on USB>Serial to mount.  With my DSLR connected that leaves me with 0 free USB ports to use and as I can get my hands on a Logitech Pro 4000 am wanting to mod this to use for LX and as such will need another USB port to be able to add the required parallel port to the laptop (does not have one unfortunately).

Was wondering, is it possible to add a powered USB hub in the mix so that I can run everythin gthat I want to?  Was thinking of having the parallel port and serial port off the hub so as to keep the two imaging USB feeds on seperate ports.  Could even go a bit further and have BYN save direct to a USB stick ready to trransfer to my desktop...but that may eb one step too many there I am thinking

Archived