Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon EOS Utility and Windows 8.1 (x64)

badger111

I've just bought a second hand Canon EOS 30D and I'm having trouble getting the EOS utility to work on my Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue with the EOS utility and Windows 8.1?

I can connect to the camera fine and download images okay (I'm using a USB cable), but when I try to start the EOS utility I get an error message... "Cannot communicate with the camera. Please check connection" (I've also swapped USB leads just in case) - I've tried the original version of this utility from the original installation disks and also tried the latest version downloaded from the Canon support website. I've checked the documentation and the camera and OS are supported but I just can't get it to work (yet!)

Anyone got any suggestions... ?

Hmmmm, I just installed the EOS utility from the original install disks on another laptop with windows 8.1 pro on, and, after a reboot, it worked fine.

I think that the canon utilities I installed with my old digicam (which installed an EOS utility) on the first laptop may have something to do with it (although I did remove it "completely" first) - Anyhow, I'll just have to take a different laptop out in to the garden then... :smiley:

grrr seems  problem have a canon eos myself i use a program called backyard eos ,its fantastic has been designed for astrophotography only for canon cameras .might be what you are looking for because has mirror lock,settle time and can set up image plan and red screen etc. anyway might be worth a look.goodluck sorting out problem.

Archived