Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar mosaic 07/09/2014

Joseki

I've been hoping for a chance to do a full disc lunar for a while, since modding a MS Lifecam studio.  I'm happy enough with how this turned out.  Shot through a SW 100ED on a HEQ5 mount last night.  Processed with AS!2, Registax 6 (for wavelets), GIMP and stuck together with ICE.  

the full resolution version is available here:

http://www.astrobin.com/119567/0/

not bad for a £35 webcam (I got it cheap as the microphone was broken). 

Comments welcome  :smiley:

I personally quite like pulling the dynamic range apart like this (though I may have gone a bit OTT) - shows the ray systems nicely I think.  I'm very tempted to have this printed out.

After a night of playing around I found ICE to be best. I have V4 of panorama factory and to upgrade to V5 which has multi row stitching which is I guess what you need for lunar stitching they want $30. So stuff that I will stick with ice which worked perfect and very quickly once I had worked out how to use it.

Here is my result from the night, no processing just straight off the cam and through ICE.

10603356_10152474834552885_4360458029646

Thanks, yours is really good. Lunar imaging suits me right now - there's almost always something on show and you can get good results fairly simply.

I have only tried ICE, seems to work fine so I'm sticking with it for the moment.

Cheers, John

Archived