Inebriated milkyway.

Just got back from a long weekend in the lakes. Where we stayed was unbelievably dark on a night. I was out on Saturday night having a drink on the porch and when I looked up......wow. I have never seen so many stars. I struggled to see any of the constellations because they where lost in a sea of stars. The milkyway wad clearly visable right across the sky. Andromeda was huge! As you can tell I was in awe of the sky. I grabbed my trusty canon and headed off down the dark country road. These images are taken with a 20mm lens and 10x15second exposures with about 6 JD and cokes. Forgive the focus, it was dark and I was drunk. I hope to go back to this site with some kind of tracking.

post-26977-0-47097400-1409596710_thumb.j

post-26977-0-48323400-1409596733_thumb.j

post-26977-0-92637900-1409596744_thumb.j

Thanks for looking

I've never seen the sky as dark as it was. Don't tell anybody but I got a little emotional.

Fully understandable, given the circumstances. JD, dark skies, and the MilkyWay, streaking through your moment of Cosmos.

How could you not be?

Archived