Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunt wedge but no built in ND3.0

Moonshane

Great stuff Shane. I tend to just use the BSC but you are right in that using both allows you to tune the brightness.

As you say, the detail in the tiny pores is quite astounding :-)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad its sorted Shane. Im a bit late on this thread but when I bought my 1,25 lunt wedge I had to buy the nd filter and fit it myself, I didnt know at the time some suppliers sold them pre installed.

Similar reactions here to the performance here, theres far more to see with the wedge than solar film, granulation and faculae really stand out. I got a polarising filter at the same time and I find that very useful

As I hoped they would APM have this in hand. They have contacted Lunt as their wedges have an incorrect eyepiece holder and will send me one when the replacement parts arrive. It is a straight swap apparently . With luck I may end up with a solar and non solar eyepiece holder in case I want to look at Venus / moon / Jupiter with it.

Archived