M42.... again....

Sam

This time ISO 800 instead of 1600 (just to see what I'd get really) and 16 shots at 30sec each. The drift alignment was sorted pretty good this time and I got a better focus. All of this despite the wind! To top things off I didn't through away any frames, they were all useable so I was quite happy about that. I didn't do too much processing except a bit of levels and curves - quite happy how it turned out.

4099_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Things to do next time:

1. Probably go for ISO 1600 instead - seemed to get loads more detail with the last one.

2. More shots still needed.

3. Take some shorter exposures to combine with the main image to show some core detail.

What do you think?

cheers

Sam

Went out last night and got some more. This time at ISO 1600. I've only had a chance to put ten framnes together (at 30secs each) so here's what I got so far, I've also tried to preserve the core a bit better in the processing:

4144_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Sam

Ok... here's the whole thing. 30 frames at 30secs each. Then 5 at 10secs to get the core. The whole lot are at ISO 1600. I promise this is the last M42 from me for a while - going to try M51 next time!

4162_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

cheers

Sam

No need to feel reluctant to post M42 Images Sam. Being one of the more popular of the nebulae in our galaxy, it is bound to be imaged a lot, and so it should be. It is surprising how many different interpretations come out of it, and most interesting they are.

You did a great job with yours, and your image sequence merely shows how you got there in the end. Most imagers only post the final result, you showed it all, which is commendable.

Ron. :D

Well, "again" is not a bad thing at all, when the product is THAT good.! you can post them again and again. and again :D BTW, I'd second Ron, it is meant to be photographed a lot, because it's so fascinating and bright. Plus, it is rather conveniently positioned in the sky, and is one of the loveliest sights in these months :lol: good job

Marius

Archived