Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW auto focuser *fitted*

Well i have to admit i am really happy with my new SW auto focuser (fitting wise), i was a bit puzzled at 1st but found this excellent tutorial showing how to instal it, which they used the same focuser as i have on my SW 130-pds, so it was a doddle and all is working very nicely indeed :)

just need to test it in the field now and see how i get on with it using FWHM :)

edit> weird i did not even create this post, still was waiting to add this pic of it fitted.....weird....

post-23929-0-31524600-1408529842_thumb.j

brilliant for the money isnt it :D

have you got the same focuser as me?

I have the SW motor unit and the Hitecastro USB interface

the ability to remotely focus very finely from indoors is great

as trying to see the laptop screen outside was really difficult

I'm liking the fact I can use it in conjunction with BYEOS and use the frame & focus settings to fine tune the focus
when I first set it up and tried it I thought it was not working until I realized I was only incrementing 1 at a time which can be measured at the atomic level :)
I've now sussed out the base point and the step settings to get the speed correct
also the interface from Hitec is pretty decent and seems works well though I've yet to try out a star test, only really used it on solar due to weather just now

Archived