Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

very feint, but nice long thin prom today

Pete Presland

a long wait today for some gaps, and then the wind to contend with. very faint prom, so i had to push the data a little further than normal. i am pretty sure if i had more aperture i would have seen a lot more faint stuff and maybe connected to the other proms above.

the usual set up of Coronado PST/DMK21au618. 2000 frames stacked around 800

post-5271-0-73299800-1408309773.png

Great capture, Pete, glad you nabbed it :laugh:

I caught it at the eyepiece and hope I have an image of it too, but it was a bit windy, not sure if it will come out! I couldn't see that it was connected to other proms when I noticed it, but maybe someone with a Lunt 230 can tell us? :grin:

Great capture, Pete, glad you nabbed it :laugh:

I caught it at the eyepiece and hope I have an image of it too, but it was a bit windy, not sure if it will come out! I couldn't see that it was connected to other proms when I noticed it, but maybe someone with a Lunt 230 can tell us? :grin:

i looked at one those at Astrofest, what incredible piece of equipment!  going have to win the lottery to own though, will have start doing first as well!

Archived