Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Her indoors is on board yes , but!

Finally after trying to get my better half to share my interest she,s seems to be coming round,I,ve had the "wow" at Jupiter and "what the xxxx" at Saturn but Andromeda is "is that it" but the other night looking at m13 I hear " more mag,more mag.So methinks how can I make it more enjoyable for her,yes you,ve guessed it "I want to see it on the monitor so I don,t have to go outside"

Julia does,nt like going out at the best of times sometimes I come in freezing so how to go about it.

So I,m thinking of bringing the viewing experience indoors.We had seen a article on the news one day about a guy who had a dome in his garden with a plethora of scopes on his mount and he,s sitting in front of his open fire watching his monitors,brilliant she said let get that.It,s going to cost a lot I said,so all my fellow loungers what the most cost effective way to go about it.

I,m thinking of s/hand eq6 mount controlled with eq dir

A camera( not dslr) for visual and possibly as photo using something like sharpe cap

I would need a auto focuser maybe?

Three 10 metre cables bundled to a computer.

One thing that does frighten me though if this can be done on a limited budget has anyone done this and are you ever worried about the scope hitting the mount(nothing's people proof).

Any comments much appreciated as it will make me very happy and hopefully her indoors aswell

Many thanks Jonn

if you use EQ mod you can set "Limits" to stop Scope / mount collisions
after a close shave I set mine up to median flip well before the danger point
and I'm the same as I'm primarily into AP I prefer my hobby from the comfort of my warm room and dual monitors
remote the full system via a laptop but its not a cheap way to go about it :(

wish I could get my Mrs interested
I'm awaiting the wrath in about 30 seconds as she has just came in from work and is bound to spot my new mount (NEQ6) sitting in the hall

the mount was only part of my upgrade and the bit I can't hide
my new deluxe collimator (showing my scope way out of collimation) SW Coma Corrector, SW focus motor and Solar filter are well out of sight in my astro flight case
and the planned new scope being a "Small" 80 ED or Equinox doesn't look too expensive as my 200p makes it look like a toy even though it will be twice the cost of the 200
after I add in the FF / Reducer as req depending on the scope

to placate the matter somewhat I'm wall papering the living room this week
I've only been putting it  off for just over a year :)

Archived