Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Revalation Coma Corrector

bomberbaz

Thanks for that Don, sounds like a lot of fiddling but I guess you can do that even without a CC. However I have to say that the focal point difference between my Delos and Pentax is large that I doubt there would be much left on the pentax to put into the focuser. I think next time I use them I will get a picture to show this but good idea non the less. 

I had read about the paracorr adjustment thing but wasnt sure exactly what it was, now I know. Maybe one may come up at the right price and I would grab it but for now, I can wait, heheh  :cool:

Yeah, eyepieces don't even come vaguely parfocal.  Nothing that can't be tamed with a barrel extender, though.  I use those on 2 of my eyepieces and they work fine.  They just lengthen the bottom of the eyepiece.  I've seen them in lengths from 14mm to 38mm.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I got chance to try out the baader mpcc last night. Conditions far from ideal and only got to try it out on the double clusters but from what I saw I have to say I am very happy. Only tried it out with the 22mm and 31mm EP's but 22mm 100% clear accross viewing field, the 31mm, which is a 82 degree fov was just a little fuzzy right at the very edges although I am not sure if this is down to me or my glasses and at right at the very edges & I am not concerned one bit. 

I look forward to a clear night when I can try it out on many more DSO's such as C4756/graff's cluster, M39 and providing I am able to stay up late enough my fave Pleiades. There are plenty more but these three are large eyepiece fillers and it is these that give me most pleasure.

So to summarise, SW CC might have worked had I not had a dual speed focuser on my scope. A paracor would be a lovely thing to have but 1) new they are very expensive and 2) second hand they are like rocking horse pooh to find and still expensive. The Baader MPCC is simplicity itself to use & moderately expensive and yes, I realise still have to do an amount of focusing with my EP's but I use them that often I know where that point more or less is.

However suppose I wanted the parfocal function, If I get some barrel extenders and parfocalizing rings as Don suggested for my ep's the job is done and never needs doing again, I am looking into this course of action as I will need a few. This would still be much less expensive than a paracor and the end result just the same. 

I am not knocking you paracor lovers, if I had one I would probably spout my love as much as some of you guys who have them, just I dont feel the need as I stand. Maybe when I buy an F3.5 20" dob I will  :grin:

Steve/Baz

Re: Paracor costs, as in many things in life, As my mammy used to say, if you're wondering about the price, you can't afford it....... :grin:

Good luck with the MPCC, I use the GSO cc and find it works well, yes I need to refocus, but doesn't really bother me as I only use it some nights with the big EPs. I have parfocalising rings bought, just need to do it.

Barry

paracor type 2 will be expensive,but paracor type 1 will set you back for about 150-160quid s/h from USA.not that bad of a price really and they are not that difficult to find.

Stop trying to get me to change my mind  :grin:  :evil:

Archived