Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

July 16, 2014: Some nice proms visible this morning

Sounds good Michael, I saw two huge proms late yesterday afternoon, I wonder if they have developed?

Looks like it could be a good solar day today!!!

There were some nice ones yesterday evening, but the ones on the west had a very different shape, and I thought they were further south. The one on the east is new to me

Just managed another look now and the proms are fantastic!

One about 3 o'clock looks like a flag with part of it billowing away from the main ejection.

Further three about 10 O'clock, quite chunky. 

There is also a very faint looping prom above these at 11 o'clock - absolutely massive but very faint!!

Had another look just now. The big proms spotted earlier are still going strong. To the north of one on the western limb there are several almost detached strands of plasma, much fainter than the main prom. The one on the east is also great. It now resembles a mast with a torn sheet blowing in the wind. To its north two low arches can be seen. Very interesting to see

Archived