Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tekkydave low-cost obsy build

tekkydave

After a very long break from this project I have now got back on it. I have fitted the pier plates to the top of the pier using 6" lag bolts. The top plate has been set so it is perfectly level with just enough room below to get my hand in and screw in the lower part of the mount.

obsy_pier_plates101.jpg

obsy_pier_plates105.jpg

I needed to chisel out the corners of the pier in order to create space to get a spanner in to hold the nuts for tightening

obsy_pier_plates102.jpg

The pier plates with the obsy in the background

obsy_pier_plates103.jpg

Top view showing location holes for mount base.

obsy_pier_plates104.jpg

I think the next task will be to install the cables from the obsy to the post. I have used the waterproof box I originally bought for the power box for another purpose so I need to find another suitable cabinet/box to fit to the pier for cable termination.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same as me Dave :D  PixInsight and new and upgraded computer hardware are my latest projects in addition the imaging when the weather allows with new imaging rig this year.

Archived