Earth from the other planets

kirkster501

I love these pictures, ever since I first saw the famous Carl Sagan "Pale Blue Dot" picture. I just look at it and think, "Hey, I'm on that dot"!

It's amazing to think that everything that we know of that's ever lived, is / was on that little dot.

We keep saying how humbling it is to realise that our everything exists on that tiny speck. Our insignificance is profound.

Sadly too few of our fellow Earthlings appreciate just how exposed we are to our own fallibility.

Over 7 Billion souls with no plan B....

I watched the Voyager story on BBC 4 the other day and they showed the pictures Voyager took of all the planets after turning its cameras back towards us. Appreciate this is old news but just like the OP, just shows how tiny and dare I say insignificant we actually are.

Mark

Its crazy is,nt.

As you say evetything in History has happened on that tiny dot.

If they ever think about blowing up the world,they want to take a long hard look at that dot,and think.where do we go.

Hope I have,nt broken rules with this last bit,if I have please remove.

Most people just want to live on it.

It does put it in to perspective, doesn't it? Its gives you a moment to realise how trivial a lot of our day to day trials and tribulations really are. Does it really matter if i have two helpings of cake or that extra jaffa cake ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived