Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus Loop, QHY8

lensman57

Hi,

This was taken  early this morning  between 00.5 and 2.45 am with less than ideal transparency and a lot of haze but the seeing was steady. 10 X 900s subs were taken but only 9 used in the stack, there are still some artfacts left that need to be cleaned up and also I think that I either have a tilt of the sensor or the focuser needs to be corrected as this is a " new Used Scope " and the star shapes at the borders are not right.

9 X 900s subs captured in NEB3 with high dither, stacked in DSS with 51 flats, 101 bias and 10 darks. WO Megrez 72 @ F4.8 with QHY8 , Baader UHC-s L Booster, HEQ5 Pro with PHD guiding. I had a hell of a job reducing those stars but for once the NR application was done only once in the linear stage and as whole and considering that it is only 2.25 hours of OSC data it has not turned out too bad. Processed in PI and PS with the help of Noel's and Annie's actions.

Thank you for looking and clear skies.

A.G

post-28808-0-44068600-1403523053_thumb.p

Theres some great detail coming through there, nice piece of work.
This is something of a 'holy grail' area of sky for me, I have been trying my best lately to do some widefield around Cygnus with absolutely ziltch to write home about !
I need to wait a few more weeks till it comes from behind a big tree to get anything decent. Your type of image is what I am aspiring to.
Think it's about time I got round to modding that Canon though...................................
Lee

Theres some great detail coming through there, nice piece of work.

This is something of a 'holy grail' area of sky for me, I have been trying my best lately to do some widefield around Cygnus with absolutely ziltch to write home about !

I need to wait a few more weeks till it comes from behind a big tree to get anything decent. Your type of image is what I am aspiring to.

Think it's about time I got round to modding that Canon though...................................

Lee

Hi Lee,

Thank you , take your time and it will come around for you, I had everything set up and ready last night by 11.30 pm but the first two test exposures showed half of my roof in the capture so I waited till just after midnight to press the button. You really do need to mod the camera as it does make a lot difference in the RED spectrum. I have now mono modded a 350d that I bought off ebay and I am just waiting for the serial release cable to arrive so I can have a crack at Ha imaging witha large sensor, my 314L+ will  then be used for going deep, that is if all is good with the camera with long exposures.

Regards,

A.G

Same here all set-up about 11.45.  Got Deneb framed nicely by about 12.30, so decided to leave the gear out over night (pretty safe round here) to let it get on with it, came to the scope this morning to find it still whirring and clicking away,so I raced in to see what I had got, only to find that clouds had come along about 50 mins into the session !
Ah well, I've got about 45 mins worth of 2mins to play with for now,
Cheers, Lee

Archived