Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

blown away, by far my best night yet

what can I say, the cards were stacked in my favour tonight and everything worked the way it should
set out with a plan to do some DSO imaging but to pass the time till it was dark I put the ASI on and with almost clear sky
ran a load of 10 & 20,000 frame runs on Mars

decided it was dark enough and went to Saturn and decided to try the Revelation 5X with my SW 25mm
a bit of fiddling with the focus and adjusting my eye position I had the WOW moment when I could see two moons and great ring and surface detail
far better than I have before

decided it was time to go chase some DSO's  so put the Canon on and decided to use Altair as a marker
so slewed around and set up BYEOS and went to frame & focus and was not far off center with a 4.4 focus rating
so decided to take a few test shots

was so impressed with the quality and visible stars I was hooked
just downloaded the raw files and a quick preview showed some great detail, far better than I have got post processing
so I'm running the data as I type
I may end up with a load of cr*p but just visually tonight was a pleasure and reminded me why I love his hobby

hopefully some decent images to follow

Archived