Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

13/6/14 White light, ASI120mm first light

JB80

Another great morning here today, first up is a stack of 70 full disk shots taken as per normal and then more excitingly for me I gave my brand new ASI120mm it's first light and despite not really knowing firecapture I am more than happy with the results. Can't wait to stick a barlow on this bad boy.

14407840291_1babe2b7bf_c.jpg

14388081386_888f467a4f_c.jpg

14411294795_8e8dc02a11_z.jpg

14388168646_4b190d2c20_z.jpg

edit: too many 0's in the title, 00ps!

OK, here is a first try with the Tal x3 and ASI120mm, my settings were pretty terrible but I could salvage at least this and once again it is very promising.

I think I have to sort out what settings are the best to use on white light though so if any one has any tips re where the gain and gamma should be because I had them set to the default 50.

14388377506_dc8598bb3f_n.jpg

I also thought I would give it a crack on the PST despite reading reports it's not the greatest coupling, end result was OK but not great, I had trouble with focus but thinking back on it I probably needed the short nose piece. Does the ASI have a short nose piece you can buy as mine won't fit. There was lots of noise too but again it's probably the settings but there was not a hint of banding or newton rings so again it's promising.

More good news is my replacement ERF arrived today so I need to set that back in it's cell.

Very nice detail Jarrod.  The ASI120MM is certainly looking good.  I bought one last weekend, but it is mainly for night time planets, although it will get a try on my white light and Ha rigs.

No sun here today, not actually raining but quite gloomy.  The weatherman said it was going to be the hottest day of the year in England and Wales, but I think he meant the south of England.

Robin

Cheers Alexandra and Robin!

Same here, I got it with the intent for night images too but at the least it looks like it makes easy work of white light. I'm quite excited by the early results.

Wow Jarrod, the ASI120 was definitely a good investment based on these images.

.....The weatherman said it was going to be the hottest day of the year in England and Wales, but I think he meant the south of England.

Robin

It is lovely here today thanks :p

Thanks David, certainly looks promising. Hopefully I can test it out more today. :D

It's warming up here too, mow 30°s everyday and a great way to end the day is in the pool. :p

Archived