Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The first time

This is my very first attempt at taking photos using a telescope. I decided to pick a random area of the Moon and see how it came out.

I used my Celestron 6se and attached a Philips Toucam which I had bought some years ago but never used. Having taken the video I then ran it through Registax 5, again first time I have used this (can't use 6 as my laptop is XP only and wont run it). This was the final result as best as I could get it.

I really enjoyed messing around with the kit so hopefully I can only improve. Any advice or suggestions would be very welcome.

post-18500-0-02852900-1402311229.jpg

very nice 1st image! great advice already and the only thing i would add is to concentrate imaging along the terminator, where the part of the moon is in shadow meets the part thats in light. you can get some stunning images with the shadows in the craters, and it is interesting to see how there appearance changes from night to night.

Archived