Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

post capture software, for DSO for best results

oldpink

Ok so I have dipped my toe in the AP side of this hobby and captured some clusters etc
but once I have the basic image from DSS to stack my captures I have only really Adobe Photoshop CS6  for post production
tonight I tried startools but while initial results were promising it kept hogging my resources on a decent spec PC
it did show a lot of promise on some old data but too slow to be of use

my current setup is EQMod via EQ5 mount

control - EQMod through CdC or Stellarium to track targets
capture - BYEOS pro version
fine tuning - EQMod X box controller, calibrating through software to tune tracking and fine tuning tracking
Astro tortilla, not quite working, can't get it to solve plates as of yet *

DSS to stack the captures

PIPP, AS!2 Registax for planetary work

*astro tortilla see's the image from the camera but never resolves the plate but Astrobins does

what is the best software to go after to plug the gap in what I have already

I use Imagesplus, the processing part is $205, around £120, plus add VAT etc when it arrives.

IP will process data right to the finished image, seems to combine images as good if not slightly better than DSS.

Must admit I still don't know how all of it works, yet.

Have just bought into PS CC as well, now have all I need.......anyway I hope so. :rolleyes:

I use pixinsight and there is a free full spec 45 day trial period. Give it a try it is resource hungry for various tools.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Archived