Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Do I want to use a Meade Etx 90 or Celestron C90 for imaging?

Wondering if I should bother getting the necessary imaging adapter for the Meade. It's an f13.8(not very good for AP I know). It's too big for my lil Skytracker so I def. be stacking lotsa shorts.

I'm thinking an at6rc is more the way to go. unfortunately I've been shy about diving in. Not to go off topic but I know the mount is always very important. Long term I'll settle on the Atlas Eq-g. however still wonder if I should bother with these for AP or just use em for observation.

thanks

I can't comment on AP, because I've never tried it.  :embarrassed: However, when set up and aligned properly, the etx90 tracks well enough for observing. Mine is quite old now and still does the job. I'm sure others will be more help advising on the AP front.  :smiley:

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm ~25 Euros away from the capability to hook up my Dslr to the Etx90 I prolly wouldn't bother. Just because it has that capability doesn't mean I should bother, right?

And yes the 70ed is def. for AP. I just got Etx 90 and am getting oriented. I'm still super new to all this good stuff. Coincidentally I plan on attending my first star party next weekend which should get me somewhat sorted out. Well, I can hope so!

I'm not sure I'd bother, honestly. The F ratio is too slow and the Alt Az tracking won't allow longer exposures. Your best bet would be a webcam based device for lunar and planetary. That would give you results.

Fr DS it really is mount first, then fast, short focal length optics to go on them. You can move to longer FLs when you have had the practice.

Olly

Archived