Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new telescope has been delivered!

SlyReaper

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it one of ours? 

Oh hey, it didn't occur to me you'd have an account on this forum.  Yeah, it was one of yours.  Order number PO49600.  Just to be clear, I don't blame you, I blame Fedex.

Then please don't worry, we'll investigate in the morning :smiley:

This won't make you feel any better but I don't think we have ever had a FedEx driver ask someone else to sign for reciept only to then leave the delivery outside. It is very odd. It should not happen. 

Oh hey, it didn't occur to me you'd have an account on this forum.  

I have been known to frequent these parts  :glasses9:

Steve

I got the impression that it wasn't the FedEx guy that left the parcel outside, but the neighbour that signed for it?

Aaahh... I missed that.

SlyReaper, is that what happened? 

Either way please don't worry, we are on your side and will do whatever we can when we reopen in the morning. 

Steve

Ooooh , brave man  :grin:

I'm sure if it was one of yours, it wouldn't have gone missing !

I think in this instance, considering the size and weight of the telescope, it was drop-shipped direct from Skywatcher's UK warehouse. But we use FedEx too. Either way we can handle it :smiley: 

Steve 

Aaahh... I missed that.

SlyReaper, is that what happened? 

Either way please don't worry, we are on your side and will do whatever we can when we reopen in the morning. 

Steve

It's second hand information, so take it with a pinch of salt.  From what I've been told, my neighbour's brother (that is, someone who doesn't even live there) was on his way out when the delivery van turned up.  They pressured him into signing for the delivery and then left it by the side of their house.  So it was the Fedex guys who left it outside the house.  Maybe the dude who signed for it should have taken it inside?  I don't know if it was his responsibility to do anything of the sort. 

Would be awesome if this incident didn't land my neighbour's family in trouble.  I still have to live in the same street as these folks and I'd rather they not be annoyed at me. :p

Just a thought - are you sure one of your neighbours hasn't moved it indoors for safekeeping?

I ask because it is a large/heavy package. Certainly too large and heavy for an opportunist to carry away. It would need two people to carry it any distance, or one person and a car. 

I'm sure.  I spoke to the owner of the house in question.  Her brother did indeed sign for it, and he confirmed it over the phone.  He confirmed the boxes were left outside.  Yes, it will have been a big and heavy delivery and it does strain the imagination to picture an opportunist taking it away, but the fact is the boxes disappeared some time between delivery and when I returned home.  I'm struggling to imagine any non-nefarious way those boxes could have moved in that time.

Archived