Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

That fine Yorkshire air

Set up in the balmy evening last night. Due to my insertion of small pieces of roof tile in my lawn I plonked the tripod down and set up the SCT 9.25. Slew it round to where Jupiter would be and there it was. Never seen it against a fading evening sky before. Sort of helped define some colour. Next off to Mars. What's this? No wobbling! So put in my 8mm BH EP, that's nearly 300x in my scope. Very clear polar cap and vivid dark areas. Good seeing and before it's dark and just a jumper. Got to be the way forward so I'll try again this evening but this time the beer will be chilled.

300x ! must be very good skies round your way, still not managed to view mars this season myself, must change that soon

Doesn't happen very often! Good luck, supposed to be very good tonight.

W've been lucky with several nights of super seeing. This has led to some spectacular views at x260, using a 4.5mm Tmb and x220 using a 5.5 Meade 5000 UW. Best views have been early, with wobbling coming later. Same effect with Saturn,

Nick.

Archived