NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Solar imaging attempt

Byz1453

post-9352-0-83516800-1400412471_thumb.jp

Well I managed to connect the PGR Grasshopper 3 (687) to the LS60DS.

Following Alexandra and Colmic's helpful posts on Solarchat it connected no problem in both Flycapture and Firecapture.

This is literally just the test run stacked in AS!2. I stacked about 50% of 400 frames.

Need to get used to focusing and the whole Gain/Gamma malarky, but I am just pretty pleased that it all works.

Thanks to all those that have posted helpful tutorials online as well.

Kieran

Kieran

Thanks all.

Very much a day of learning and playing with software and technology.

Really can't say how happy I am that I just managed to get it all to talk to each other. Few glitches along the way but we're getting there.

I foresee long evenings watching processing tutorials.

Kieran

A fantastic start :) :) :) you have a wonderful double stack.

Just stack around 10% and you will get a clearer image, I usually take around 800 frames and stack the best 10%. Keep the gain on absolute minimum, for gamma I find around 1.000 is neutral (in Firecapture), but don't be tempted to go above 1.200 chasing proms otherwise you get strange ringing above the limb in processing.

Alexandra

Thanks again' specially Alexandra. I wouldn't have got there so easily without your travails last summer.

The project for this weekend is focus, upping the fps, understanding Firecapture better and then a bit of tweaking and maybe even colour.

My fps last week was very low (about 4 or 5).

A task made all the more easier by all the online help.

Cheers all.

K

Archived