Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi, there are special covers you can get but they are quite expensive, do you intend to leave the scope out side permanently or just cover it when set up but not observing ? here are a couple of alternatives-  :smiley:

http://www.telegizmos.com/Truss%20Dob%20to%2090%20Degree%20Page.htm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giant-Parasol-Cover-Fully-Waterproof-Polyester-Garden-weatherproof-Patio-103000-/261164718978?_trksid=p2054897.l5662

To cover when not observing I use an emergency shelter blanket from the pound shop. Shower proof, keeps it cool in the daytime, keeps the dust out.

Wouldn't want to use it for leaving out overnight though.

I have the same scope as you and use the Scope Coat from Rother Valley Optics as both a dust cover when it is stored inside and to cover it when not in use when it is outside. The coat also fits my CPC1100, which is very useful as it avoids the hassle of disassembling it at the slightest sign of a shower.

I wouldn't leave any scope outside permanently.

At £32.99 I think this is excellent value for money.

The Mrs is moaning the scope is in the way all the time so might have to have it outside.

I can afford to get a decent cover but can't afford to chuck the Mrs out unfortunately lol.

Thanks for the help and will look at the ones you have suggested.

I have a Telegizmos cover which I use on my pier with alt-az mount.  This is a permanent arrangement so that I just have to remove the cover and pop my telescope on the mount.  The cover appears to be very well made and durable but I've only had it about 3 months so the jury is still out.  I'm not sure I would trust it with my scope with the storms we had earlier this year.

I use the plastic cover off a single mattress, the thick ones they are delivered in.

I popped into a bed shop and they had just put a matress on display so I took the bag that it came in as they were throwing it out.

Its was free, tough, and tucks under the scope feet.

cheers

I use garden furniture covers for my scope which stays outside unless its bad wind, raining or generally poor whether, husband is also making a veranda for it to mainly be kept in, he has put wheels on it so I only need to wheel it over the paving for each use.

Archived