NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Couteau 1900 · Ursa Major

Have any of you fellows taken an image of this star?

mike h

Hi Mike,

Is this HIP51200 ?

What are the details. I will have a look and see if I have anything, or wait for a clear night here.... but could be a very long wait!

Cheers

Martin

Hello Martin,

Yes it is HIP51200. my sky tools tells me.

AB: 6+10 mag, COU1900
PA 295° Sep 1.70" (1981)

I had a rare night here in western Pa with steady air,so I pushed the power up to over 600x on my 6 inch refractor. I think I caught an elongation."But" with saying that with that high of power it could have been an aberration . It seems to me the secondary is dimmer then reported or it might be a variable star. As I have no doubt in the reporting of Paul Couteau, such a experienced observer. Could this be a variable?

mike h  

With a mag difference of 4, and a sep of 1.7 arcsec, this looks like one for a big aperture scope with a high Strehl ratio.....John?

I'll have a go with my 'umble 5" and a webcam, but I think it's unlikely I'll see anything.

Chris 

One to have a go at.

SkySafari has it at 2.4" and 304° now, so perhaps slightly easier though still very tricky I imagine.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this should prove to be very interesting. I don't know if a bigger scope would do any better then your 5 inch Chris as I think it may pick up to much glare from the primary. Maybe a chase for what is called lucky imaging ?What do you fellow's think?

mike h

Archived