Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

May 7, 2014, 07:55 CEST: The early bird catches the prom

Just managed a very short glimpse at the sun with the LS35. Clouds were rushing past, but I managed to catch a short gap. The big ARs to the north-east are very prominent, and a thin, pale twisted arc stands out quite a distance from the limb in that area. Remnants of yesterday's fireworks? Southeast a series of lower, much brighter proms are visible. Didn't have time to note more detail, but I have already seen 100% more than yesterday.

Stuck in the office again, missing all the fun. I dare not mention the weather forecast ;) for the next 3 days but it's looking glum. Sounds like an interesting prom you saw this morning. Quite like the twisty arc ones as opposed to the fuzzy hair ones.

Rain has been belting down all day and not much respite coming up neither.  SOHO looks good with those big spots over the NE limb.  Maybe we'll get a view in the coming days...maybe... :undecided:

i have just come in from looking/imaging that area, i have to say it took my breath away! truly stunning! certainly the most dramatic proms i have seen personally the V-shaped structure is still floating just off the limb but the prom to the southwest is huge!

GONG currently showing the big prom but not the V shape.

only managed 2 and bit imaging runs before a combination of cloud and the horizon started to intervene, will post later.

Archived