Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which clubs are good then?

neptune1

I need to make friends and learn how to collimate nicely. So which societies/clubs are friendly and informal please? Anyone go to LAS?? I was going to try Flamsteed maybe. Have been to Regents Park which I liked but meant hanging around London for hours after work. Would be nice to go home and see family and grab a bite first. Any recommendations?  

Also re collimation....a lot of new people start 'fiddling' with the scopes before actually using them for a while, and some then do have an awful time and eventually get fed up with the hobby. Never had a newtonian, so can't say for sure how simple it is (and only recently got the edge 800....so not touching a damn thing!)

Yes, when it arrives I'm going to use the laser and cheshire to have a look but if it appears out I won't be fiddling without first seeing someone else do it. Am going to ask OOUK to ensure the secondary is in correct position when it's boxed up and hopefully then it'll only be the primary to adjust. From what I've seen on 'you tube' and astrobaby's site, the primary looks very simple to adjust, it's messing with the secondary that I don't like the look of and to me it's not 100% clear how to do it. Although it says once done it generally stays put.

Archived