NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Introducing ConeSharp - Cone Error correction application

rwg

I have written a small program called ConeSharp which you can use to measure and correct for any cone error you might be suffering from (provided you are using EQMOD or some other ASCOM controlled mount).

Read all about it here.

Feedback welcome, all I can say so far is that it worked for me 1.gif

cheers,

Robin

@Steve,

got a little way with the focuser driver software and then the focuser made it out to the observatory which delayed things and now it has to go back due to a faulty hand controller :( Will get there in the end though

@Dave

I wonder if it matters how far from the meridian the stars are as long as they are on opposite sides. I will have to have a think about that - due east and due west might just work...

cheers,

Robin

Nice one Robin, how opportune this is as well.

Just last week I was trying to resolve some long standing guiding and pointing issues and for the first time turned to cone error as a potential source of some of the problems. I made some adjustments using more traditional methods and was actually quite surprised that there were some fairly large adjustments needed. I ended up with nearly a 2 mm  spacing on the rear tube ring/dovetail adjustment.

I'll be interested to see if I can enhance these with your app.

Thanks...

Steve

Archived