NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Triangulum, 23rd April, 2014

Luke

23rd April was a great day, not just because it was St. George's Day, or I had the day off work, or even that I saw some fancy old airplanes take to the skies (it must be great fun to fly one!). But because it was Sarah and my 9th wedding anniversary :laugh:

I even managed to sneak in a bit of solar :evil:  Solar-wise, the positions of three spots reminded me of the constellation Triangulum, especially in white light. Not quite sure where M33 would be though!

14008533265_d730e26994_c.jpg

13996885555_b7f2b203d0_c.jpg

I wonder if we'll get any joy with a bit of Sun over the weekend? I have ordered more spots from FLO, let's see if they show up.

---

23rd April, 2014

H-alpha: SolarMax 60 SS, Grasshopper 3 video camera

White light: Revelation 66mm, Grasshopper 3 video camera, Lunt 1.25 wedge, Solar Continuum, IR-cut

Thanks, Roger, Steve and Johan. I really had fun seeing the old planes on our trip out, even if it did cross my mind that if I'd taken the grab-and-go solar kit, I might have nabbed a very cool transit :grin:  I wonder if this is where some of the WW2 figthter planes come from that we sometimes get to see from our garden. One day!! :laugh:

Archived