Greetings from Kent, UK

dvdxly

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our new scope was waiting for me when I got home tonight...but so were the cloud and rain. Ah well, there's always tomorrow :-)

...and tomorrow came.  We had clear-enough skies to see Jupiter and three of its moons.  Mars was a touch red.  I've even been tracking satellites, which takes a bit of practice!  They come over far more frequently than I expected...every few minutes it seems.  We are definitely enjoying ourselves.

Since the moon was up tonight, it seemed an ideal opportunity to have a go at capturing it through my new SW Heritage 100P.

post-36492-0-53170100-1399245710_thumb.j

Focusing is tricky!  I'm using the zoomed live view on my Canon 7D to assist, plus some minor cropping and tweaking afterwards in Photoshop.

ISO 400, 1/20 sec, remote release.

Hello from the rainy west coast of Norway, David and Catharine  :smiley:

Rune

Thanks Rune! Hope your skies clear soon...  It looks like I've got the baby brother of your Heritage scope :-)

I see you've started down the slippery slope of astro imaging already David, hope you've got a big wallet :)

You need to start posting in the imaging section.

Dave

Thank you for the warning and the advice Dave!

Archived